Wireless local-area networks (WLANs) are on the rise as more enterprises embrace a mobile-first strategy, — relying on mobile applications, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs and the Internet of Things (IoT) to run their business. Unfortunately, WLAN security is having trouble keeping pace. As your customers struggle with deploying and managing a variety of ad hoc WLAN security tools and applications, consider introducing them to Fortinet’s simplified approach to WLAN security.
Wireless local-area networks (WLANs) are on the rise as more enterprises embrace a mobile-first strategy; relying on mobile applications, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs and the Internet of Things (IoT) to run their business. Unfortunately, WLAN security is having trouble keeping pace. As your customers struggle with deploying and managing a variety of ad hoc WLAN security tools and applications, consider introducing them to Fortinet’s simplified approach to WLAN security.
In today’s business world, wired LANs are no longer the de facto enterprise network of choice. While the worldwide WLAN market grew 4.5% year-over-year in Q1 2016, the enterprise WLAN market virtually exploded, growing nearly double that during the same quarter at a year-over-year rate of 8.6%, reports IDC.
WLANs Lucrative Targets for Cyber Attack
As WLANs run more mission-critical, Internet-facing applications and provide access to an increasingly wider range of mobile and IoT devices, they also become lucrative targets for attackers looking to exploit even the smallest vulnerabilities using advanced persistent threats.
Enterprises know this and try to layer on security to address new issues as they arise, only to find themselves struggling to deploy and manage a complex variety of tools and deal with a sea of competing alerts. To cut through the noise and truly secure their networks end-to-end, mobile-first enterprises need to simplify. This is an opportunity to promote the advantages of Fortinet’s FortiSwitch Secure access solution that offers:
- Complete visibility and control with consistent application and device policies across both wired and wireless environments and multiple devices per user. When a user or device connects to a port, FortiSwitch first identifies and authenticates it, prior to granting access via predefined security policies. Since all policies are managed directly from the integrated FortiGate Network Security Platform, FortiSwitch provides total visibility and control over all users and devices, regardless of how they connect.
- Outstanding performance. WLAN security is no good if its implementation slows the business down to a halt. FortiSwitch’s dedicated Gigabit Ethernet ports ensure your customers can support the high-performance needs of emerging IoT and mobile applications.
- Simplified convergence. Mobile-first enterprises struggle with the complexity of managing multiple networks for voice, data and mobile traffic. With its support for VLAN segmentation, FortiSwitch supports converged voice, data and wireless traffic on a single network platform, significantly easing management and control.
- Network segmentation. FortiSwitch also integrates with Fortinet’s Internal Segmentation Firewall, enabling mobile-first organizations to segment off critical resources to ensure that malware affecting one can’t spread to others, effectively breaking the chain of infection.
- Easy management. Through its integration with the FortiGate family of firewalls and network security appliances, FortiSwitch enables enterprises to manage their entire converged end-to-end network security from a single pane of glass, significantly improving visibility and response.
As partner of Fortinet, you’re in ideal position to provide more value to your customers by helping them streamline and fine tune their cybersecurity infrastructure to more easily address IoT and mobile technology risks. Fine Tec is a value-added distributor of leading cybersecurity products from Fortinet. Contact us if you’d like to know more.